5 Easy Steps to Better Gas Mileage
It’s never fun when you fill up your tank and watch as the gas pump slowly totals your bill – $10, $20, $30…and it often keeps going up. Even with gas in the $2.19 range, it’s still worth taking these steps to improve your gas mileage.
- Check Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Use the Right Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Replace Clogged Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Check Engine Performance: Keep your engine running efficiently and improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
“Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money saving tip,” says Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.”
Source: The Car Care Council
Give us a call today at TGK Automotive if your vehicle needs repair or maintenance. Or check out our special offers on our website for a coupon by clicking here.
Maplewood – (651) 489-9455
1728 Rice St.
Maplewood, MN 55113
Hugo – (651) 407-3611
5241 130th St. N.
Hugo, MN 55038
Crystal – (763) 535-1716
5337 Edgewood Ave. N
Crystal, MN 55428
St. Anthony- (612) 781-1788
1850 New Brighton Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55418
St. Paul – 3M Campus – (651) 739-2351
2545 Conway Ave.
St Paul, MN 55119
Bloomington – (952) 881-6454
9209 Lyndale Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55420
To see what other services we offer click here!