Don’t Get Stranded Without the Essentials
It is no surprise that our Minnesota winters can be especially frigid, some years more than others. As an extra precaution we suggest a few important items to have with you in case of car troubles. These items are especially important to have on hand if you will be traveling far away from main roads. It is important to have these items in the cab of your vehicle, as you may not be able to get into your trunk in the event of an accident.
- Cell phone (even when you do not have service 911 should work from
any local tower)
- Space blanket
- Plastic bag for gathering snow for water
- Plumber’s candle & lighter
- Single-edged razor blade (cut up your upholstery for insulation if necessary)
- Empty metal soup can (for melting snow with the candle)
In the event you are trapped in your vehicle in a ditch, call your insurance company’s roadside assistance provider or your local emergency number if your situation is urgent.
For more winter weather tips visit the rest of our blog or www.tgkauto.com for more information about TGK Automotive. To schedule a complete vehicle inspection contact an associate at one of our locations today.
Maplewood – 651.489.9455 | Hugo – 651.407.3611