Get the Most Out of Your Fill-ups
The first step in saving money on gas is to choose a fuel-efficient vehicle. This information can be found in the manufacturer’s specs. Once you have purchased a vehicle here are some fuel saving tips to help reduce your number of fill-ups.
- Ensure appropriate tire pressure and regular alignments.
- If you have removable seats, remove them.
- Remove any heavy unnecessary items from your trunk or interior.
- Roll down the windows or use vents for fresh air rather than running the AC.
- Use cruise control when possible.
- Plan errands accordingly to avoid extra mileage.
- Be aware of gas prices on your regular routes to find the cheapest prices. Don’t travel across town to save a couple dollars when you will cancel it out with the extra miles. Big-box companies with memberships, such as Sam’s Club, Costco, etc., will usually have the best deals on gas.
- Fill tank during cool hours to avoid evaporation, and also early in the day.
- Be sure to service your engine regularly and stay up to date on all your suggested car repairs.
For more information about services we can offer to help ensure you are getting the most out of your vehicle visit us at www.tgkauto.com or to schedule a vehicle inspection contact an associate at one of our locations today.
Maplewood – 651.489.9455 | Hugo – 651.407.3611