How to be a Defensive Driver
Every day there are multiple car accidents in the Twin Cities area. You may have even been in a car accident that was not your fault because the other driver ran through a stop sign or was not paying attention. Make sure you are always being cautious while driving because you can only control how you are driving. Here are some tips to become a better defensive driver.
- Plan ahead for the unexpected. You never know what you will encounter while driving.
- Be conscious of what you are doing and keep control of your speed.
- Be prepared to react to other drivers.
- Do not expect other drivers to do what you think they are going to do.
- Respect other users of the roadway.
- Be aware of driving in unusual traffic or weather conditions.
- Stay alert and avoid distractions such as cell phones, eating, etc.
Sometimes, no matter how cautious you are, there is no way to avoid being in a car accident. If you are ever in this unfortunate situation and your vehicle is not in driving condition, please do not hesitate to call one of our locations for our towing services.
Maplewood – (651) 489-9455
1728 Rice St.
Maplewood, MN 55113
Hugo – (651) 407-3611
5241 130th St. N.
Hugo, MN 55038