How to Manage Distractions While Driving
Tips for Managing Distractions.
- Recognize that driving requires your full attention.
- Use your cell phone only if absolutely necessary.
- If you must use your phone, choose a safe time and place, keeping the conversation short.
- Ask a passenger to place a call for you and, if possible, speak in your place.
- Do not compose, send or read text messages while driving. In Minnesota texting while driving is illegal.
- Ask passengers to help with directions or adjust dashboard controls.
- Secure loose items in the vehicle so they don’t become projectiles or distractions in a sudden stop or crash.
- Avoid intense, complicated or emotional conversations when driving.
- Pull over to care for children.
- Stop to eat or drink, rather than trying to eat or drink while driving.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Program your GPS prior to starting your trip.
- Allow plenty of time for your trip.
– From AAA article “The Facts About Distracted Driving”
Maplewood – (651) 489-9455
1728 Rice St.
Maplewood, MN 55113
Hugo – (651) 407-3611
5241 130th St. N.
Hugo, MN 55038
Too see what services we offer click here!