Most Common Child Safety Seat Installation Mistakes
Make sure your child is safe while riding in the car, especially here in the Twin Cities with the unpredictable weather, by avoiding these common child safety seat installation mistakes.
- Not using the right child safety seats for a child’s size and age
- Not placing the child safety seat in the correct direction
- Incorrect installation of the child safety seat in relation to the vehicle’s air bags
- Incorrect installation and tightness of the child safety seat to the vehicle seat
- Not securing/tightening the child safety seat’s harness and crotch straps
- Improper use of locking clips for certain vehicle safety belts
- Not making sure the vehicle’s seat belts fit properly across the child when using a booster seat
- Using a defective or broken child safety seat.
*Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Here at TGK Automotive we care about you and your child’s safety. Make sure to keep up with the recommended maintenance and make sure that everything is good working order before something goes wrong. At TGK Automotive everytime you get your oil changed we will do a free courtesy inspection to help you make sure you know if there is something that needs to be fixed.
Click here to see what services we offer at TGK Automotive!
Maplewood – (651) 489-9455
1728 Rice St.
Maplewood, MN 55113
Hugo – (651) 407-3611
5241 130th St. N.
Hugo, MN 55038