Are You A Good Passenger?
- Always wear a seat belt.
- Don’t upset or distract the driver – no drama, no hassles, no nagging.
- Help navigate: Read the map and road signs, watch the road, look for gas stations and rest stops as needed, and make sure the driver is aware of his or her surroundings.
- Avoid loud talking, loud music and noises – they’re distracting and affect a driver’s concentration.
- Take charge of the cell phone: Receive and make calls for the driver.
- Keep feet off the dashboard and sit upright. And – no body parts hanging out the window!
- Never ride with a driver who has been drinking, taking drugs or is drowsy.
- Help young passengers to adjust and wear seat belts, and supervise children in the rear seats (kids under age 13 should sit in the back).
– From mn-ia.aaa.com booklet “Street Smarts”
For more information about this or other topics visit the reference site on the AAA website. Visit our blog often for more car care tips. TGK Automotive offers workshops every other month that could be helpful to learn the basics about your vehicle. For more information about this or other services we offer visit us at www.tgkauto.com or to schedule service on your vehicle contact an associate at one of our locations today.
Maplewood – 651.489.9455 | Hugo – 651.407.3611