Seven Signs Your Brakes Need to be Inspected
Routine brake inspections are essential to safe driving and maintaining your vehicle.
“When it comes to vehicle safety, the brake system is at the top of the list, so have your brakes checked by an auto service professional at least once a year,” says Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance will go a long way toward keeping you and others safe on the road.”
The Car Care Council recommends that motorists watch for seven signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
Brakes are a normal wear item on any vehicle and they will eventually need to be replaced. Factors that can affect brake wear include driving habits, operating conditions, vehicle type and the quality of the brake lining material.
Give us a call today at TGK Automotive if your vehicle needs repair or maintenance. Or check out our special offers on our website for a coupon by clicking here.
Maplewood – (651) 489-9455
1728 Rice St.
Maplewood, MN 55113
Hugo – (651) 407-3611
5241 130th St. N.
Hugo, MN 55038
Crystal – (763) 535-1716
5337 Edgewood Ave. N
Crystal, MN 55428
St. Anthony- (612) 781-1788
1850 New Brighton Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55418
St. Paul – 3M Campus – (651) 739-2351
2545 Conway Ave.
St Paul, MN 55119
To see what other services we offer click here!